Date:      Sat, 10 May 2003 21:09:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdrecord -dao doesn't work for me

Once again, on up to date -current, I am playing around with burning audo
cd's. I followed the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html
to copy the audio tracks with dd, and then used burncd without -dao to
create a CD, but since it's a live album, and I'm trying to rearrange the
tracks, the gap that burncd places between the tracks on the output CD
aren't what I want, so I decided to try '-dao -n'. Unfortunately, as soon
as I tried using -dao, I got an input/output error for every file on the
command line, and the following in the logs:

kernel: acd1: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x21 ascq=0x00 error=0x00
last message repeated 11 times
last message repeated 36 times
kernel: acd1: SEND_CUE_SHEET - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x2c ascq=0x03 error=0x00

I know dao mode works on this drive because cdrecord is able to do it just
fine (using atapicam).

Hope this helps,

Doug