Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:27:20 +1000
From:      Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Perl Script Suggestions

Hi everyone.....

Ive been doing some research into my little script delemma and im wondering
if anyone has any suggestions. Basically, what I need is a nice simple perl
script I can execute like the following -

% newscript abcdefg

and basically making it take the first argument after the script, and spawn
off the following lines to execute the cu program -

% cu -l /dev/cuaa1 -s 38400
 > abcdefg <ctrl z>

Im a novice at this stuff, but if I could see some sort of examples on how
to do this, I can work the rest out. In the first part of the proposed perl
script, it will access an sql database, get the needed data etc etc. I know
how to do the sql stuff, but the actual accessing cu and issuing it the
commands, the data and the CTRL Z command is baffling me.

Thanks

Chris

--
       Chris Aitken - Webmaster/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
email: chris@ideal.net.au  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890