Date:      13 Feb 2003 10:14:28 -0500
From:      Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>
To:        BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Authenticating a FreeBSD users to Win2K Kerberos

The AD DCs work just as an MIT KrbV KDC works.  A couple things to watch
for:
*For Kerberos authentication, your realm will be the same as your FQDN
Active Directory domain, in UPPERCASE.

The KDC will be automatically found if you are running W2k DNS (or the
proper SRV+TXT records in your DNS) If you add the following to your
krb5.conf file:
[libdefaults]
dns_lookup_kdc = true
dns_lookup_realm = true

This lets you simply type kinit myprinc@MYAD.MYDOMAIN.TLD

To use the AD as your default realm, use this:
[libdefaults]
default_realm = MYAD.MYDOMAIN.TLD

The above will let you use pam_krb5 to authenticate your login ID as
your Krb princ.

Good luck!
-Matt

Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>