Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:49:19 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        thierry@herbelot.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bug in patching phase of cups-pstoraster

El Martes, 28 de Junio de 2005 14:35, Thierry Herbelot escribi=F3:
> Le Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:37, Jose M Rodriguez a =E9crit :
> > El Martes, 28 de Junio de 2005 12:36, Thierry Herbelot escribi=F3:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have here a R/O shared ports tree, under the /files2 mount
> > > point. A symbolic link points from /usr/ports to /files2/ports
> >
> > This is not enough.  You must define PORTSDIR.
>
> This is indeed a work-around, but this is the first port where I saw
> this kind of problem (and I have some *hundreds* of ports which build
> correctly without setting PORTSDIR).

No, that's how this works.  I can also point to several ports that uses=20
this kind of construct that will break without PORTSDIR.

This is pointed by ports(7) and the notes on ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.port.mk.

I can make the construct based on CURDIR, but this is the most often see=20
form of doing depends.

=2D-
  josemi