Date:      Mon, 01 Apr 2002 00:15:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Wouter Vijvers <woutje@chello.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A bunch of questions (long)

Wouter Vijvers <woutje@chello.nl> seems to have written:

> Ok, thanks. I'll do what Salvo suggested: cvsup to a recent -STABLE.
> BTW, also thanks to Salvo for your helpful msg. My current
> /usr/include/g++ is from Sept 18, so Salvo's guess was right.

Hello Wouters,

My guess was right, but I'm afraid I wasn't quite accurate.

Cvsup'ing to -STABLE probably won't give you the required include files;
rather, you'll also have to 'make the world' in order to have the newer
includes (as well as the updated world) _installed_.

If you know _exactly_ what you are doing, you might try to look for a
'shortcut' (e.g. 'make install' a select subset of the gnu sources); however,
your safest bet -- as well as the officially recommended procedure -- is to
make the world.  There's extensive material covering this topic in the
handbook.

HTH,
Salvo