Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:24:50 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        Laurence Berland <karlmarx@howlongcanadomainnameb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: NetBSD

What it is, is best described at www.netbsd.org
Basically it is another Unix, just as Linux is another Unix.

The general comments I have read are that OpenBSD is the most secure,
NetBSD is the most portable and FreeBSD is the best performer.

If you feel tempted to ask which is best I will tell you upfront the only
valid answer: Install them both, compare them and reach your own
conclusions.