Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:12:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tech Support Guy <techbot2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Specific info to set up NAT

Hi all,
I'm running FreeBSD 3.3 on a machine that I would like
to use as a gateway to share internet access with two
other machines.
I've compiled the IP Filter package into my kernel,
and am ready to configure the firewall and natd to set
up IP aliasing. The problem is, I'm still confused
about the logistics of the setup: I have two ethernet
cards in the gateway machine (mx1 is hooked to the
cable modem and mx0... isn't) and a 5 port hub. What
are the logistics of setting it up to share internet
access with the other machines on the network?
Also, I'd like to have a checklist of things to do
(i.e. files to configure, services to have running,
etc.) to set up natd under IP Filter. I've looked at
FreeBSD diary for instructions, and it's been helpful
for the most part, but there are still a lot of things
that I'm missing.
Any help would be appreciated; I've researched this
for about two weeks and am still stuck.
Thanks,
          JP