Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:34:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD takes 8 years to boot up

On 22-Aug-98 Mike Smith wrote:
>> > You should qualify "slower" here.  I would suggest "marginally" as
>> > a good candidate.
>>
>> Not at all. Try loading lkms on a box with a kernel about half the
>> size of your RAM. Been there, done that.
>
> FreeBSD doesn't run in 2M anymore.

Yep, learned that when I tried to put picobsd on my 2MB laptop.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow