Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 15:13:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/11964: lang/STk port needs to be updated to STk-3.99.4

>Number:         11964
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       lang/STk port needs to be updated to STk-3.99.4
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

N/A

STk-3.99.4 vastly supercedes STk-3.1.1; the ports tree should be updated
to this latest version.  The site info is in the Makefile.

Most everything compiles fine out-of-the-box, but the dynamically loaded
modules need some fixing.  The problem is a Elf vs. aout problem.  I've
taken a crack at it, but I am still too much of a novice to fix it
myself.

This software is *very* well-written.  It is a shame we don't have the
latest code installed.  Scheme-Tk code is *definately* more readable
than Tcl-Tk or Perl-Tk (I haven't compared it to Python-Tk).

I'm tempted to update the port even with dynamic object files such as
"hash.o" not working, but it would be even better if it was fixed
correctly.

Any patches should, of course, be sent on to the author to improve the
code base.  Thanks!

>How-To-Repeat:

N/A

>Fix: