Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:21:47 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux-opera-9.25.20071214 on FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE amd64 fails to start up

Hello,
     I've just completed installing FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE (Sat 2nd Feb 2008)
and having finished installing (latest frokm ports) X, Gnome and linux-opera,
I find that clicking on the linux-opera menu item fails to start Opera.

Nothing gets logged to messages / security, and I can't think of where else
to look for any hints as to what's going on.

Here're the details on the machine (IBM T61p):

$ uname -a
FreeBSD ibm-t61p.<snipped>.<snipped> 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE #0:
Sun Feb  3 15:42:51 GMT 2008
$

Package List:
Only gnome2-2.20.2
linux-opera-9.25.20071214
xorg-7.3_1 (and all related ports from "make install clean" for xorg
meta-port)

Any suggestions / pointers you can offer would be appreciated, thanks.

Regards,

S Roberts