Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 09:55:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Archive Viper not correctly identified.

[back to scsi after dropping some bait in current to hook a
reply...]

On Mon, 27 May 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> > I recently jumped from 2.1R to 2.2-960501-SNAP.  Now, my Archive
> > Viper is apparently not being identified properly as a
> > "known rogue".  At boot I get this:
> >
> >   (aha0:2:0): "ARCHIVE VIPER 150  21247 -005" type 1 removable SCSI 1
> >   st0(aha0:2:0): Sequential-Access density code 0x0,  drive empty
>
> I have one of these on a machine running this SNAP.

Does it have *exactly* the same version string?

> Weird;  I haven't had any problems with mine, it's running A-OK reading
> 120's and writing 150 and 250's.  I don't get the 'known rogue' message
> though, so it's possible I'm just not tickling the problem.

The "known rogue" message is actually gone; the rogue code has
been replaced by New Improved (tm) scsiconf code that apparently
needs a tweak somewhere.  I'll look more carefully into the code
and see if I can figure something out.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================