Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:39:16 -0800
From:      Christopher Kelley <bsd@kelleycows.com>
To:        Jason Henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cannot build openoffice

Jason Henson wrote:

> On 03/16/05 20:23:13, Christopher Kelley wrote:
>
>> Brian John wrote:
>>
>>> dmake:  Error code 1, while making
>>> './unxfbsd.pro/misc/build/so_moz_runtime_files'
>>> ---* TG_SLO.MK *---
>>> *** Error code 255
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why this might happen or what I can do to fix it?
>>>
>> The mozilla included with OpenOffice.org needs patches to work with
>> the current Freetype2 in ports.  Those patches have not been
>> comitted  yet, so for now you have to build without mozilla.
>>
>> make -DWITHOUT_MOZILLA install clean
>>

> What about WITH_MOZILLA=firefox in /etc/make.conf.  Will OO.org
> respect  that and not build mozilla?  If you use firefox that is.

I don't know for sure, but looking through the Makefile for OOo, it
doesn't look like it.  The way I understand it, OOo doesn't build the
www/mozilla port (e.g. mozilla is not a depency of OOo). Looking at the
Makefile for OOo, it looks like it specifially fetches and builds an old
version of Mozilla (1.0), so I'd really think that setting
WITH_MOZILLA=firefox wouldn't have any effect.  There doesn't seem to be
any place in the Makefile that it would check for this.

Somebody who REALLY knows the answer probably should give the exact
answer, but I'd feel guilt about not responding if I didn't at least
offer my observations.  :)

Also, OT, but sorry about the botched subject heading in the original
reply.  My bad.

Christopher