Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 95 12:30:00 PDT
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        "' freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   multiple domains

I'm trying to make my CERN httpd server answer requests addressed to several
domains, e.g. www.a.com and www.b.com.  I found some info about this on the
infosystems.www newsgroup. Unfortunately, they do not provide enough
details.

I know this could be done by adding DNS entries plus "aliasing the network
inteface". I just don't HOW to do this. Here's the questions:

1. Could someone please explain how to use ifconfig alias. The man page
isn't a great help here :-(
2. I think I should add some DNS records. Where and how? I use the external
nameserver, if this matters.
3. I've heard of the term "virtual interfaces". What is that?

Thanks in advance for any info/pointers.

 -Serge   splyaski@cmp.com