Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 1995 09:38:58 -0801
From:      Russell Carter <rcarter@best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re:  Netscape and XNLSPATH

This seems like it should be a stupid question, but...
Where does one get the list archives for freebsd-hackers or questions?
I took a look in the obvious places: ftp.cdom.com, ref.tfs.com, freebsd.org,
mail majordomo@freebsd.org index freebsd-hackers index freebsd-questions...

but no luck.  Someone care to enlighten me?

Thanks,
Russell

|From owner-freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com Sun Feb  5 14:45:18 1995
|From: terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
|Subject: Re: Netscape and XNLSPATH
|To: nelson@seahunt.imat.com (Michael Nelson)
|Date: Sun, 5 Feb 95 14:13:23 MST
|Cc: questions@FreeBSD.org
|Sender: questions-owner@FreeBSD.org
|
|> Netscape for BSD v1.0N bitches about the XNLSPATH not being set
|> correctly, and it coredumps when you try to past text into a text field.
|>
|> This is documented behavior under SunOS, and the Netscape README file
|> says to set the XNLSPATH variable to /usr/lib/X11/nls.  I tried creating
|> that directory and set the environment variable to that, and it still has
|> the same problem.
|>
|> I also tried soft linking to /usr/share/locale, and now netscape
|> complains that the locale "C" is not supported:
|>
|> netscape: locale C' not supported.
|>         Perhaps the $XNLSPATH environment variable is not set correctly?
|>
|> [nelson@seahunt]:~ $ echo $XNLSPATH
|> /usr/lib/X11/nls
|
|Netscape expects the locale from X11R5.
|
|You apparently have X11R6.
|
|The /usr/lib/X11/nls was uuencoded and sent to the hackers/questions lists
|by me, three times now.
|
|You will find it in the list archives.
|
|The "kit" I put together, including someone elses patches to 1.1.5 to
|make it run there, is in one of these messages.
|
|Maybe it is also on ref.tfs.com?
|
|Maybe Jordan has put it somewhere?
|
|The location of this thing should be in the FAQ under "NETSCAPE".
|

|					Terry Lambert
|					terry@cs.weber.edu
|---