Date:      Wed, 10 May 1995 19:04:59 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   dialin (2.0-current)

I upgraded a FreeBSD 1.1.5.1R machine to 2.0-current and at the same time
I changed my ttys entry from D19200 to std.38400.

As a result I currently cannot dialin from outside. I can connect
internally via kermit to the modem (an internal FAX/V.42bis modem)
at 57600 bd and talk to it. But when I connect from outside
I got strange garbage. Sometimes a never ending stream of random looking
garbage, sometimes something that looked like a login prompt
at the wrong baud rate.

Today I tried to connect via kermit again to the modem (internally)
and got a never ending stream of 0x7f characters (delta symbol in PC
character set).

I have already set the modem to run at fixed speed on the link
between the com port and the modem while it should negotiate the speed
on the line. That was working before anyway and I didn't change
the modem settings during the upgrade.

I added a line

modem 0

to my rc.serial also to no avail.

Any clues?

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.0-BUILT-19950507 FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-1995
0507 #0: Sun May  7 18:08:05 MET DST 1995     root@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.d
e:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386