Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:37:19 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkg-fallout reports

Am 14.08.20 um 00:54 schrieb Danilo G. Baio:
> Hi.
>
> Just sharing this simple project that gathers freebsd-pkg-fallout [1]
> reports into a database for easy filtering:
>
> https://portsfallout.com/fallout
>

> I hope it's useful for port maintainers.

Hi Danilo,

very useful indeed!

One thing I noticed: The filtering by maintainer name performs
a sub-string match of the argument, which due to many very short
account names leads to "false positive" matches.

How about a different match algorithm:

1) If argument has no domain part then

1.a) attach "@freebsd.org" and check for identity (full length
     comparison)

1.b) compare argument with name part of maintainer mail address
     (sans domain part)

2) Compare argument with domain with implied anchor on first
   characters

3) Sub-string search as currently done

Stop whenever a step returns a non-empty result.

This would allow committers to match by their login name and it
should give reasonable results for external maintainers, too.

Is it possible to suppress or mark results that correspond to
ports that have been fixed or failed only spuriously?
(This might e.g. be implemented if it was known when another
round of package builds have been completed for the architecture
and release that caused a report and the failure has not been
reported again.)

Best regards, STefan