Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:44:54 +1000 (XYZ)
From:      Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting a non-standard timezone.

Getting back to my hypothetical XYZ timezone which is 11 hours ahead of
GMT, the following works very well :

tzsetup /usr/share/zoneinfo/posixrules

and at the top of the /etc/rc script :

TZ="XYZ-11"; export TZ

P.S.- After playing with the GMT+.. and GMT-.. settings and then
using tzsetup to go back to EST (Austalia/Melbourne), the clock now thinks
it is daylight savings. A mystery to me...