Date:      Tue, 02 Oct 2001 00:55:10 +0200
From:      Dennis Berger <Dennis.Berger@nipsi.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   dirprefcode on snapshot mfsroot

Hi,
today I installed the latest freebsd-stable-4.4-20011001 snapshot from
stable.freebsd.org. But while extracting the portsdir I was surprised
that there was no speed up. I checked the newfsversion shipped with the
snapshot installdisk and realize that this is an old newfs version that
does not create a filesystem with the new dirpref code. Did somebody
forgot to implement it into this newfs version ? or to copy it over the
old one....