Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:10:10 GMT
From:      Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@gmail.com>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/169389: Firefox/Thunderbird fail to build with system GCC

The following reply was made to PR ports/169389; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@gmail.com>
To: Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, kan@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:00:50 -0400

 --fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

 On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 04:51:59PM +0300, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
 > Hi all.
 >=20
 > GCC 4.2.1 is rather a nice mess and known for generation of bad code=20
 > with higher optimization levels. So yes, this looks quite logical for me.
 >=20
 > --=20
 > Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.

 Every compiler and compiler version has bugs. Should we make ports
 _never_ use anything more than -O just in case? After all, that was
 the official project stance on toolchain for a while.

 --=20
 Alexander Kabaev

 --fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

 --fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--