Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 14:04:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        edk@null.net
Cc:        Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble installing FreeBSD

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 edk@null.net wrote:
> The first thing about this that seems odd to me is that both DOS and
> the power on self test report that this system has 4M of memory, not
> the 640K reported here.
>
> Anyone have any more ideas for me?

	Take a look at:

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/install.html#AEN450

	It looks like your system can't really handle FreeBSD.  In a
nutshell, you need 5MB of RAM to run the installer.  If you only have 4MB,
FreeBSD 3.0 might run, but I suspect it wouldn't really be worth the
effort.  I run FreeBSD 3.2 ona 486sx with 20MB of RAM.  I had to upgrade
it from its original 8MB of RAM when I realized that using apache on it
made it resort to swapping into and out of virtual memory for just about
any possible activity.

	Sorry for the bad news.

						Jaime