Date:      Sat, 3 May 2003 16:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Incorrect super block on a disk

Hi,
	I have a disk that I sent out for data recovery. The recovery
place returned my data on another hard drive. I'm trying to mount the
relevant partition of said hard drive. When I do I get:

mount: /dev/ad1s2e on /mnt: incorrect super block

When I try to fsck, I get:

INCORRECT SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG

it tries for an alternate superblock, fails and then I try doing
fsck -b 32 (as recommended in the manpages) and I get the same error.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or something else to try? Can I somehow
regenerate the super block?

Thanks,
Paul