Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:05:10 -0600
From:      Kirk Coombs <freebsd@coombscloud.com>
To:        byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is moving a vmware guest image to bhyve POSSIBLE?

<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Is it possible to move a vmware guest image (whatever it is called) to
> byhive?  What is the conversion process if this is at all possible?

I haven't tried it, but perhaps with qemu-img? =46rom =
https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve: <https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve:>;

	Q: Can I use disk images from VirtualBox or other virtualization =
platforms on bhyve?

	A: bhyve does not currently support reading foreign disk image =
formats directly, so one will have to convert=20
		existing disk images to a raw image using qemu-img. This =
can be accomplished by doing the following=20
		on a FreeBSD system:=20

	$ pkg install qemu-devel

	$ qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O raw virtual_box_image.vmdk =
bhyve_raw_image.img

	VMDK, QCOW, QCOW2, VDI and more images can be converted to raw =
images using the qemu-img(1)=20
		utility in the emulators/qemu-devel port.

Kirk=