Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:10:43 -0600
From:      <Nethaniel@box201.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        'luke' <lgrady@gmail.com>
Subject:   RE: help with a failed install

> On 6/23/05, Brian Duke <brian@box201.com> wrote:
> > The BTX loader fails right after the initial setup screen. I press any
> > option except install prompt and it fails.
>
> the first thing i would do is try different installation media.
> disabling acpi might help. it's certainly worth a try(those
> instructions from "help!!!..." are for disabling acpi. hopefully that
> will get you booted to sysinstall. beyond that, hopefully the kernel
> on the install media has support for your raid card or else you're
> going to have the same problem you had with solaris and fedora. good
> luck
>
> luke

Ok so I set the acpi to disabled and it still fails. I verified no power
management options are turned on. I also ensured "plug and play OS" was
disabled too. The compooter still won't get past the BTX loader. Something
about a Gateway ALR 9200 is not liked by freebsd of any flavor.

I still get the same "BTX halted" right after I choose any option on the
boot-up freebsd menu except 6.

I'm really lost here.