Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:50:04 GMT
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/147704: [mpt] sys/dev/mpt: new chip revision, partially unsupported

The following reply was made to PR kern/147704; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/147704: [mpt] sys/dev/mpt: new chip revision, partially
 unsupported
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:40:31 +0300

 Sorry, I was wrong. It's not about mpt driver, it's about firmware.

 This RAID controller may be flashed with three distinct firmwares:

 1. IR. Integrated RAID. Needs I-Button chip to work.
 2. SR. Software RAID. Unsupported on FreeBSD.
 3. IT. Integrated Target. Shows connected device only.

 I've contacted SuperMicro and obtained firmware to flash my controller
 from SR mode to IT mode and now it works.

 Maybe it's just worth mentioning on mpt(4) about different firmwares
 available?

 --
 Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.