Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:25:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Boucher Eric <eric.boucher24@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using Fortran

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Boucher Eric wrote:

> I wanted to use the Fortran compiler deliver with FreeBSD but it didn't
> worked. I typed f77 nameofmyfile and it produce a file a.out like it
> suppose to do and I tried to execute it, but it didn't work. The message
> : Command not found appears. But a message also appear and says, after
> typing f77 ...:

Try typing: ./a.out Probably the current working directory isn't included
in your search path.

> usr/lib/libf2c.so : warning : mktemp( ) possibly used unsafely ;
> consider using mkstemp ( ).
>=20
> What does this mean? I'm new to all this, so please try to be very
> clear, I'm not an expert.

For the moment, feel free ignore the message. mkstemp is a better
implementation of a library function used by the compiler.

Regards

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg