Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:25:35 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
Subject:   Re: Perl voodoo in ports/UPDATING

--=-l8UyMSPjXyVDI0wfLTns

V st, 02. 06. 2004 v 03:16, Jeremy Messenger p=ED=B9e:

> > In regard to the new Perl version, ports/UPDATING has of course been
> > changed with some instructions on how to proceed. It includes some real
> > voodoo which really shows the beauty of Unix. But wouldn't 'portupgrade
> > -rf perl\*5.8.4' be much simpler? And if the user has a threaded Perl
> > installed, the command listed in UPDATING won't work.
>=20
> Before the perl was added in UPDATING, I did the 'portupgrade -f p5-\*' =20
> and it seems work fine. No problem to run GNOME, portlint, tinderbox, per=
l =20
> gtk2 and etc so far. Maybe, there is some apps that need to be rebuild =20
> that I don't have them installed.

There are other beasts in site_perl than just p5-* ports.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

--=-l8UyMSPjXyVDI0wfLTns
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-l8UyMSPjXyVDI0wfLTns--