Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:39:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        jfzonev@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI

>  Dear FreeBSD,
>
>  I need to install a web hosting server and I would like to use FreeBSD. The
>  problem is I have 2 SCSI hard drives and FreeBSD doesn't recognize the them.

>  I had windows 2000 server before and while installing it, they were
>  prompting for adding SCSI Drivers using the F6 key. But with FreeBSD
>  4.1-release(the one I have at home) it doesn't prompt for that option. Is it

>  because my version is too old or I need to do something special before or
>  while the installation of FreeBSD? I normally boot using my CDROM to install

>  it. I have no IDE hard drives. Only SCSI hard drives. Thank you to email me
>  as soon as possible to fix this problem.
>
>  John F Lachance

Hi,

the drivers are not needed for the drives, they are needed for the
SCSI-controller. Please look at

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.1R/notes.html

Chapter 2.1 if your SCSI-controller ist supported.

If it is not you may want to download a newer version of FreeBSD to install
from. Take _then_ a look at:

ttp://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.3R/notes.html

if it is supported now.

To install FreeBSD take a look at: