Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 12:36:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/bin/login buserror with pam_ssh.so & _malloc_options="JR"

Hi,

---snip---
(1) root@ttyp2 # grep ^login /etc/pam.conf
login   auth    sufficient      pam_ssh.so                      try_first_pass
login   auth    required        pam_unix.so                     try_first_pass
login   account required        pam_unix.so
login   session sufficient      pam_ssh.so                      try_first_pass
login   password required       pam_permit.so
login   session required        pam_permit.so

(2) root@ttyp2 # ll /etc/malloc.conf
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  2 Sep  5  2000 /etc/malloc.conf@ -> aj
---snip---

Logging in on the console starts the ssh-agent for users which
authenticate via pam_ssh (as expected), but the SSH env vars
(SSH_AGENT_PID, SSH_AUTH_SOCK) aren't set (I think because
export_pam_environment() is called before the pflag check and before
pam_open_session(), but moving it behind pam_open_session() didn't
work).

Because I also get some "warning: chunk already free" with pam_ssh.so at
logout I compiled login with _malloc_options="JR" (and ="JRX").
Now I get a buserror if I try to authenticate via pam_ssh.so. I expected
to find a coredump in / or in /home/$user (or at least somewhere in the
root fs or in /tmp), but I can't find it.

What am I doing wrong (I didn't have a coredump limit)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
               I believe the technical term is "Oops!"