Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 06:45:53 +0200
From:      Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which ports use C++?

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:53:05PM +0200, Toomas Aas wrote:
>
>>Or should I more or less expect that I need to rebuild *all* the ports
>>anyway?
>
> That's best; there are other incompatibilities that are there when you
> have old (compiled on 5.2) versions of a library and you try and
> compile new software against them on 5.3.

OK. But just to make sure I understand it right - does this mean that if
I upgrade to 5.3, then those ports that depend on some incompatible
library or are written in C++ do not work until they are recompiled?

I'm aware that some of the library upgrades can be overcome with
/etc/libmap.conf, but apparently this doesn't get it all.