Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:28:13 +0930
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   via8233 sound card issues

Hi All,

I'm having a small problem with the onboard sound in a project I'm
working on.  I can record and playback fine, however, during playback, I
lose the last couple of seconds of whatever it is I'm playing back.  I
have tried using wav/mp3 files but both produce the same problem.  I am
assuming that there is some kind of buffering problem, but I haven't got
the faintest idea what/how to fix it.

Hopefully relevant bits from dmesg:

pcm0: <VIA VT8235> port 0xc000-0xc0ff irq 22 at device 17.5 on pci0
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC650 AC97 Codec>

cat result from /dev/sndstat:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <VIA VT8235> at io 0xc000 irq 22 (5p/1r/4v channels duplex
default)

If more information is required, I'm happy to provide it.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>