Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2014 07:54:28 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-ports@dino.sk>
To:        admin@saigol.ca
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: courier-0.65.3_3

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 01:16:03 -0400
"Saigol.ca Admin" <admin@saigol.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that the Courier-MTA current version is 0.73.2.
>
> The latest FreeBSD port is based on version 0.65.3, which seems to be
> more than 3 years old.  Are there any plans to update the port to the
> latest version of the software?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Abid

Yes, there are. Unfortunatelly, other tasks have currently more urgent
attention here, and there are some issues to be solved - new
dependencies are introduced and new port should be created first for
library needed to build new courier... also old port was recently
staged, which was necessary to keep it in tree at all. Also it looks
like recently a bit more work needs to be put into patch to get new
version committed into port tree, so it will take a bit of time before
new version of mail/courier could be published in port tree.

Before that, I will contact you as soon as I will have something to
test. Your setup is most probably different from mine and thus together
we can cover more usage scenarios, which is good thing everytime.

Regards,
Milan