Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:59:39 -0000
From:      Ian Vaudrey <i.vaudrey@bigfoot.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Ports'" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Porting questions

I'm porting vilearn, an interactive tutorial for vi. It consists
of a set of master documents that are copied to ${HOME}/VILEARN
when the tutorial is run.

By default the Makefile wants to put the master documents in
/usr/local/lib/vilearn. I think that they really belong in
${PREFIX}/libdata/vilearn or maybe ${PREFIX}/share/doc/vilearn.
Your thoughts, please.

Also, the script that runs the tutorial ends with:

#
# Feel free to delete this on your local system. Do not remove
# if you are redistributing: we'd like the truth to be known :)
#
cat << EOF

	We hope you have enjoyed and profitted from the tutorial you
	have just completed. It is unfortunate that we did not profit
	from these tutorials in any way. We would like to sincerely
	thank the Information Technology Division of the University of
	Michigan, a huge bureaucracy with a budget eceeding two
	million dollars.  We offered ITD complete ownership of these
	tutorials, including user testing and staff training sessions,
	for the contemptibly small fee of two thousand dollars. For
	some reason, they could not justify the cost...

EOF

Is a port a redistribution in this sense? Can/should I comment this
out?

 - Ian