Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:51:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
To:        roman@IPricot.com (Roman Le Houelleur)
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bandwidth analyser

>  actually that's what I did, but I'm still not able to have
> my third nic out of the bridge.
>  If I use net.link.ether.bridge_cfg: rl0:0,rl1:1,rl2:1
> rl0 is on a separate cluster, so it's useable, but still
> rl0 is in promiscous mode.
>  If I use something like net.link.ether.bridge_cfg: rl1:1,rl2:1
> then rl0 will by default be part of the same "cluster" as
> rl1 and rl2.
>
>  Have I missed something ?

well, you are hitting a bug or two in bridge.c :)

The quick fix is to use something like

	sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge_cfg="rl1:6,rl2:6,"

(note the different cluster-id and the trailing character).

The main bug in bridge.c is that the code mistakes the NUL as
a separator after the last config.

The second bug in that when one interface is disabled, its name
is not removed from the list in bdg_stats, so userland utilities
still see its name and believe it is still active.

Will have a look at fixing these bugs soon.

	cheers
	luigi