Date:      10 Apr 2002 04:48:41 -0500
From:      Rob Hughes <rob@robhughes.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   System time issue in Asus P2B-F

All,

I've run into a very strange issue on one of my boxes. The system is a
P2 333 on an Asus P2B-F running 4.5-STABLE and cvsup'ed as of yesterday,
though the problem has been occurring for awhile now. What happens is
that the system time is incrementing at about double the real world
rate. Booting the system to the BIOS screen and using a stopwatch, I've
verified that the hardware clock is keeping accurate time, so I don't
think its the on-board clock chip. I've tried recompiling the kernel
with the various CLK_ options, neither of which seemed to help. I also
tried removing the HZ option as well as changing it. What other option
or device entries should I be looking at? I'm at a dead-end, but need to
find a solution as this is my primary firewall/IDS system and this issue
is really borking things up in the logs. I've also tried running ntpd,
but still no help, as well as removing and recreating the /etc/timezone
file.

Thanks,
Rob