Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:24:38 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-maintainers@wcarchive.cdrom.com, dg@root.com
Subject:   Re: Proposed reorganization of ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

> > How about 'releases', 'current', and 'stable' are in the SAME directory ?
>
> Hmmmm.  Yes, I think that does make more sense, thank you.  Consider
> my proposal updated!

when will this take place ?  i need advance warning so that we don't try
and download the whole freebsd archive (we're paying $140/Gigabyte in
traffic charges for downloading international traffic).  i need to manually
recreate this structure before the changes are made, halt all mirrors
until the changes take place and then run a mirror to verify all is
well.

also, are there any plans to provide rsync support, so i can simply use
rsync, instead of the current combination of mirror and CVSup to keep
the freebsd archive up to date ?  i find CVSup a pain to use, compared
to rsync :-/.  i realise that rsync on cdrom.com isn't an option, but
perhaps on a `secondary' very up to date site that can act as a primary
rsync source ?

cheers,

-jason
--
 jason andrade       dstc pty ltd               jason@dstc.edu.au
 senior sysadmin     level 7, GPS Building 78   i just wanna be