Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 12:01:47 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@brabys.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird messages on bootup

Hi

Even though my box is running with no problems I have been getting these
weird messages on bootup ever since I installed FreeBSD on this machine.
Just out of curiosity I'd thought I'd mail the list to see if anybody could
tell me what exactly is causing it. Is it just the way FreeBSD probes for
devices on startup? They appear almost immediately on boot before all the
other normal gunk:

config> di sn0
No such device: sn0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di lnc0
No such device: lnc0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di ie0
No such device: ie0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di fe0
No such device: fe0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di cs0
No such device: cs0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di bt0
No such device: bt0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aic0
No such device: aic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aha0
No such device: aha0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di adv0
No such device: adv0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> en ed0
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> po ed0 0x300
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> ir ed0 10
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> iom ed0 0xd8000
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> f ed0 0
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> q

--nelis