Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 02:00:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, Kirk McKusick <mckusick@beastie.mckusick.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed auto-sizing patch to sysinstall (was Re: Using a larger block size on large filesystems)

:> [rant deleted]
:
:All in your humble opinion, to be sure.  I don't agree with it,
:however, and enough other people clearly don't agree with it that I
:most certainly can't see it as a -stable candidate for 4.5 as you
:evidently do since you have the MFC marked as a week away.
:
:It's up to the release engineers to decide, of course, but I'm just
:telling you now that I'll argue against it and that's probably the
:last we need to say about it.
:
:- Jordan

    We aren't in code freeze yet.  Go ahead, argue against it.  I'll
    argue for it.  It would be a shame for it to not reach -stable
    considering how screwed up sysinstall's auto defaults are now,
    but you will have to get a CORE decision to achieve that.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>