Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:01:43 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMTP connectinos hang (truss attached)

In the last episode (Oct 26), H. Wade Minter said:
> SMTP connections into my RELENG_4_4 box are hanging for a while
> before they go through.  DNS seems to be ok upon first inspection.
> I'm attaching a truss of one of the SMTP processes attempting to
> connect.

( try using strace in ports; it generates much better output than truss )

I saw something similar on my sendmail yesterday.  It looks like
orbl.org (spam blacklist service) has only one nameserver and it's
unreachable.  If you've got a FEATURE(`dnsbl', `or.orbl.org') in your
sendmail.mc, try removing it and regenerating sendmail.cf.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com