Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:37:57 +0100
From:      Goetz Roland <Roland.Goetz@erl.sbs.de>
To:        "'FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>

 Hallo Freebsdfans,

yesterday I want do install FreeBsd 3.4. I came to the kernel =
configuration
menue . I switch to the full screen visual mode. I get 13 conflicts. If =
changed an addressnumber(0x340) I could edit but not save the new value =
only
leave the window without saving. The partition was ok till I came to =
the
Installation Medium Menue where I want to install from CD-Rom. I =
started but
it came a window with 'signal 11 was caught.' it rebooted, but at the
message 'boot F1 Freebsd' I had no kernel. I searched in the book for
failures and found, that the kernel found an ATAPI cdrom. Therefore I =
need
help from you. I want to change to FreeBSD because in the 3.4 is PPPoE
included and it should be a fine UNIX.
Before I had Linux running.

 Prozessortyp:   Intel CPU Pentium II   =20
 Motherboard:    Intel AL 440 LX=20
  RAM:              32 MB SDRAM 10ns       =20
 disk:                Quantum Bigfoot 4,3 GB      =20
 Foppydisk:       3,5'' Mitsumi                        =20
 CD-ROM:         Hitachi 24 maX CD-R 8335

 Grafikcard :      4 MB S3 Virge DX                             =20
 Soundcard :     Yamaha OPL 3 Sound System                            =20
 Mouse:            Mitsumi PS/2                         =20
 Keyboard:       Mitsumi PS/2              =20

Mayby you can help me. Excuse my english I am a german.

Sincerely yours=20
G=F6tz Roland     =20