Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:24:15 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-15:08.sendmail

--v4E7JAdqFuEW8iI14xeSSmp4GGNJnFaRK

On 06/18/15 13:54, Royce Williams wrote:
> Did you (re)generate your dh.params file as noted in the Workaround sec=
tion?

There isn't a default dh.param file.  The suggested work-around in the
EN is to generate one.

> On my systems, I had to do this to support the actual patch (not to per=
form
> the workaround).

Which is precisely the point.  The EN suggests either to patch sendmail
or add a dh.param file.  Either of those should work alone, but
according to reports on various mailing lists it seems only the dh.param
method works reliably (and I can personally confirm it works without
needing the sendmail patches from the EN.)

It's not clear to me if there are some special circumstances that happen
to prevent the fix in the EN working for just a few people, or if it is
a more general problem.

> You might have to restart sendmail as well, but I have not tested this.=

Yes you do, with either alternative.

	Cheers,

	Matthew