Date:      Mon, 10 May 2010 08:04:41 -0500
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewlylegould@gmail.com>
To:        Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very simple file sharing between FreeBSD server and windows  client ?

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a simple software to share files between a FreeBSD server and a
> windows client other than Samba which is a bit overkill for my needings,
>
> I just want to share a directory (and subdirectories) of my server with ONE
> Windows client, to facilitate some files exchanges between two users.
>
> Thanks for any infos

Some things simply aren't that simple if you're setting them up yourself.

The good news is that you get to choose the type of complexity you
want to deal with:

1.  Samba.
2.  You could purchase a networked drive (network attached storage)
that both computers can access.  Many retail stores now carry these.
3.  Webdav (included with Apache 2.2).  This setup is as complex as
Samba; but you can access it securely across the internet via SSL.

Good luck,

Andrew