Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 16:01:14 -0800
From:      Charles Cox <cscox@Stanford.EDU>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP_FIREWALL and IP_DIVERT

I have been trying to get my gateway (AMD K7, 2 NICs, 256MB, 20GB) machine up
and running, and I am having trouble getting a system working with a kernel that
uses IP_FIREWALL and IP_DIVERT switches.  When I build/install a kernel with
these switches, I then cannot connect to any network services.  Through my first
e-net card.  I would assume that just turning on these switches, without
running natd, or configuring as a firewall through rc.firewall, would not have
ANY effect on my network access from my gateway machine.  What am I doing wrong
here?

By the way, in case you can't tell this is my first time doing this.

CSC