Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe Verba <jverba_1965@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panasonic CD-ROM not recognized

Hello,
Being the pack rat that I am, I couldnt bring myself
to throw out an HP NetServer that we were replacing at
work, so I am trying to install FreeBSD on it at home.
Here is my problem, I found the posting for getting
the harddrive recognized, however, the cd-rom is not
getting recognized during bootup.  I found the
document on increasing the probing time, however,
being new to your product (and very limited in my
Unix-ese) I have no idea on how to increase this time.
 Also if this sounds like I am chasing the wrong fix
can you please make a recommendation.
Here are the servers specs:
100MHz, 133MHz and 166MHz Pentium processors

Cache
 256KB external write-back cache (standard)

Memory
 Up to 192MB

Expansion Slots
 Six I/O expansion slots; One PCI, Four EISA bus
master slots, One shared PCI/EISA

SCSI
 Integrated dual-channel EISA Fast SCSI-2 controller

Mass Storage Subsystem
 Three front-accessible shelves
One quad-speed SCSI CD-ROM (standard)
One 3.5-inch, 1.44MB flexible disk drive (standard)

the CD-ROM is a Toshiba xm540ta

thanks for your time

Joe