Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:48:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Anthony Hoelzle <pentium@cio.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: remote login "root"

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Anthony Hoelzle wrote:

> I can't log in as root from a remote host, how can I change this? I know
> I can just su to root, but I would still like to just login once. thanks

Noone would recommend to do what you want to do, but if you really want:
Take a look at '/etc/ttys' and replace `insecure' by `secure' for all
pseudo-terminal entries. I've never tried, but it should work.

Regards

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _______
// Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH GÖttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/ // /
// Am Faßberg, D-37077 GÖttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___/____/
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve -----
//                                                http://www.freebsd.org
// kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de