Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:57:39 +0800
From:      "Kevin Foo" <kevin.foo@zaidibrahim.com>
To:        "Ariff Abdullah" <ariff@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interrupt routing issue on Compaq nx6325

That works great on Compaq presario v3000 and v3100 series. And HDA =
patch is awesome. Nice work!=20

Did you get suspend working on v3000? I got "acpi0: device_suspend =
failed" whenever issuing "zzz".

Current sysctl output for acpi:-
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: S3
hw.acpi.standby_state: S0
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3

I'm using your patch at =
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/misc/r6_EVERYTHING.diff

--=20
Regards,
Kevin Foo

Key fingerprint : 4B23 FC1C E50B 9693 CCDD  2A7D A048 E909 8924 9BDD
Public key : =
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0x89249BDD

On Thursday 14 December 2006 08:43, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:15:50 +0100
> Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:
> > I've got something that turns out to be an interrupt routing issue
> > on a brand-new HP/Compaq nx6325 notebook.  Everything works when I
> > disable the APIC (but then I've only got one out of the two CPU
> > cores), and everything works with a different notebook that has a
> > previous BIOS release.  Linux works, but appears to install a
> > workaround for some interrupt routing bug.
> >=20
> > Is it OK to post the details here on this list, or would
> > freebsd-hardware seem more appropriate for a clarification?
> >=20
>=20
> See PR: i386/104678
>=20
> My current workaround is (for RELENG_6)
>=20
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/misc/idlecpu_apic_4.diff
>=20
> (hw.apic.idle_cpu=3D1 or 2)
>=20
> --
> Ariff Abdullah
> FreeBSD
>=20
> ... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
>     and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........=20
*****************************Internet Email Confidentiality Footer =
*****************************=20

Legal Privilege & Confidentiality=20
-------------

This email contains privileged and/or confidential information.  If you =
are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the =
message to such person) or if you have inadvertently received this =
email, you should destroy or delete this message and notify the sender =
by reply email accordingly. If you or your employer do not consent to =
using Internet email for messages of this kind please advise immediately =
by sending an email to the sender of this message .  All opinions, =
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to =
the official business of Zaid Ibrahim & Co shall be understood as =
neither given nor endorsed by Zaid Ibrahim & Co. Our company accepts no =
liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any =
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that =
information is subsequently confirmed in writing. =20

Caveat=20
-----------WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email, and =
you should check this email and any attachments for the presence of =
viruses. Zaid Ibrahim & Co accepts no liability for any damage caused by =
any virus transmitted by this email. Our employees are expressly =
required not to make defamatory statements nor infringe or authorise any =
infringement of copyright or any other legal right via any =
communications. Any such communication is contrary to our company policy =
and outside the scope of the employment of said individual. We will not =
be liable for such communication.=20