Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        Tremayne Smith <tmane333@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Restoring from tape

Just went through this myself. Here is the result and how I got it to
work.

1. On tape machine.
        a. rewind all the way to beginning
        b. Don't mt the tape to the proper file system !!
	ie. don't mt the tape to the proper location.
2. On restoring machine.
        a. restore -i -s 3 -f my.tapemachine.com:/dev/nrsa0
                #replace 3 with file system you are wanting.
        b. add <file>
        c. verbose
        d. extract
        e. Specify next volume #: 1
                # No matter what I did here only entering 1 would work
                  Regardless of the file system I am on.

Keith W.
At the helm <for better or worse>

My non work related site