Date:      14 Aug 1999 13:10:07 +0200
From:      Juergen Nickelsen <jnickelsen@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Martin Smith <martin@chiron-s.demon.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: sendmail and queuing in 3.2

Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Martin Smith wrote:
>
> > I have just installed 3.2, my only major problem is that
> > sendmail wants to check the mx records of my recipients instead
> > of just queuing the messages when I am off line, can someone
> > point me in the right direction just to get sendmail to queue my
> > mail before I go online. flags to sendmail in
> > /etc/defaults/rc.conf are standard -bd -q30m
>
> You could try Exim :-) If you want to stick with Sendmail (ugh..),
> then try this in your mc file:

You could try Postfix. :-)

Well, at least I did, and I found Postfix *much* easier to install,
understand, and configure than sendmail. I had a configuration for
dial-up and a little address rewriting running in two hours,
including compiling, installing, and reading the necessary
documentation. *And* I felt (and still feel :-) that I actually
understood what I had done. (Also under 3.2.)

If you are interested in the details, contact me.

--
Juergen Nickelsen