Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:54:04 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still confused on what I assume to be a simple problem...

Hi,

I've done some digging around and I can't see a way of doing this without
writing from scratch a lot of code. Basically, does anybody know how to build
an ISO image rather than a floppy image, so I can put more apps in, and burn
to CD.

One option I did consider was to produce the floppy version of install, put
the tarball package it expects in the same directory, mkisofs the two of them,
and if I had modified the doinstall script to handle it properly, it might
have worked. But then I realised that was a stupid idea.

At the moment, I'm looking at producing an install floppy to pull a tarball
off the CD, and that's definitely not what I want. I would rather it were all
on the CD in the first place.

Ideas? PLEASE?

--
Paul Robinson - Technical Director .----------------------------------------
   PO Box 604, Manchester, M60 3PR | A computer lets you make more mistakes