Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:53:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        "Aled Morris" <aledm@qix.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: despairing with apache httpd + php

Greetings.
> I'm tearing my hair out trying to get a simple Apache HTTPD and mod_php
> install for running mediawiki (mysql) under FreeBSD-10.0-RELEASE
>
> I can't get a working system whichever way I try.  Either mod_php.so
> doesn't seem to get built or I'm getting XML problems (Class 'DOMDocument'
> not found)
>
> I've tried installing packages with the new "pkg" tool
>
> I've tried compiling from ports.
>
> I've tried downloading Apache and PHP source and building those.
>
> Has anyone done this?  I didn't think I was trying anything exotic here but
> I've wasted two days now!

No offense. But there's nothing here that indicates anything, but that you've
built/installed www/apache-*, and lang/php* several times, and in several
different ways. There is absolutely no indication that any of the
build/installs failed their intended purposes.
What makes you believe there was any problem with the build/installs?
Is there any output from phpinfo();? If you get the standard table output,
you can be assured that the build/install was successful.
In other words; you haven't given us anything to work with here.
(Class 'DOMDocument' not found) is of little, to no value. :)

--Chris