Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:03:12 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
Cc:        jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: programmer's editor choice

Duke Normandin wrote:

> Will vi syntax highlighting work in console mode? If so, would you
> consider sending me a copy of that ``config'' file your friend
> provided? It sure would make working with my ``php3'' stuff more in
> line with what I've been used to on win9x. TIA...

yeah, it should. All you should need to do is,

$ echo syntax on >> ~/.vimrc

to get started. (This assumes you're using vim -- the vi in FreeBSD's
base system (nvi) doesn't support syntax highlighting.)

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and